We improve health care by assessing and advancing the quality of resident physicians' education through accreditation.
We imagine a world characterized by:
- A structured approach to evaluating the competency of all residents and fellows
- Motivated physician role models leading all GME programs
- High-quality, supervised, humanistic, clinical educational experience, with customized formative feedback
- Clinical learning environments characterized by excellence in clinical care, safety, and professionalism
- Residents and fellows achieving specialty specific proficiency prior to graduation
- Residents and fellows prepared to become Virtuous Physicians who place the needs and well-being of patients first.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence and Innovation
- Accountability and Transparency
- Fairness and Equity
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Stewardship and Service
- Engagement of Stakeholders