What do programs need to do?
In preparation for the Resident Survey, ALL PROGRAMS should comply with #1 below.
- Check the listing of your residents in the Accreditation Data System (ADS). Please make sure:
- all are listed in ADS.
- all are listed with their correct statues (active full time, etc.)
- no unconfirmed residents
- all their birth dates and first and last names are entered correctly.
When your program is required to complete the survey, the ACGME will notify you directly. Your notification will include detailed instructions, including how residents and fellows should log in to the survey and a completion date deadline. To comply with this requirement, please do the following.
- Inform your residents about the survey. Please tell them:
- they will need to login to the ACGME Survey using these specific instructions below:
- Close all running applications
- Open a new internet connection with a browser like Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox.
- In the internet address bar, type https://www.acgme.org/surveys and press Enter.
- they will use the program’s 10-digit number as their initial User ID.
- their initial password will be their DOB, plus the last 2 characters of their last name. For example, the password for Dr. Mary Jones, born 03/14/1979, would be: 03141979es.
- surveys need to be completed by the completion date given in your notification. Residents/Fellows will have approximately 5 weeks to complete the survey.
- they may make changes (additions or corrections) to the survey anytime prior to the completion date. After this due date, access to the survey will be denied.
- all responses will remain confidential. No individual data will ever be shared with the program.
- in order to protect their data, residents will be required to change their initial user id and password.
- Monitor your residents’ compliance with the survey.
- Review your Resident Survey Aggregate Report
- You may access the Aggregate Report for this and previous year administrations of the Resident Survey under the “Reports” tab in ADS.
- Summary data will be available if at least 70% of residents in programs with 4 or more residents/fellows complete the survey.
- Programs with fewer than 4 residents will not see aggregate reports in order to maintain the anonymity of the residents.
Please note that programs are NOT required to send the Resident Survey report to site visitors, nor to the Review Committee.